Museums / Attractions

Introduction Bobbits Hole Maritime Museum Treadwheel Crane Lifeboat Museum Ha'penny Pier Visitors Centre Foresters The High Lighthouse The Redoubt Fort Bathside Battery Beacon Hill / Radar Tower Return to Main Site

“Fosters” Harwich Societies HQ

@ Church St. Harwich
Text & Photos Required
Foresters
Foresters is 5 Church St. It is a timber framed and plastered house which was built circa 1450. It is thought to be the oldest house in Harwich and was 'Foresters Arms' public house from 1800 to 1940, when it fell victim to an incendiary bomb during WW2. It stood derelict for 9 years when it was bought and lovingly restored by the late Harwich Society President, Mrs. Winifred Cooper and her husband. On her death in April 1999, Mrs. Cooper left Foresters to the Harwich Society so that it could be used as a resource centre for the Society.

Foresters

The Harwich Societies HQ
ATTRACTIONS MENU